Nagaon Govt. Boysí
Nagaon Government Boys Higher Secondary School is one of the oldest schools in Assam. Initially, it was established as a high school on 17th November, 1865 by the then British Government. It was the third high school established by the British in Assam. The first one was established in Guwahati in 1835 and the second one in Sivasagar in 1841.
The school was started at the present site in a plain thatched house with mud floor with 5 teachers and 23 students. Janmejoy Das was the first head master of the school. The construction of the present school building, as it stands now, was completed in 1906. Till then, there were many additions and changes in the building in course of time, but the basic structure...